24 June 2010

Through a Child's Eyes

Today I had the privelage of working with a group of 4 - 6 year olds. We went walking in the bush, and afterwards we all sat down on a rug. Each child was given a stick of charcoal and a piece of paper and were told to draw what they saw on their bushwalk.

It was heart-warming and inspirational to watch what they came up with. The simplicity of their thought processes - to literally draw what they saw, with no artistic stresses (eg. 'does it look right?' or 'are the proportions correct' or 'is my composition working?').

It reminded me of when I was little and the sheer joy I experienced when drawing just for the fun of it. It teaches me to remember this joy the next time I pick up a pencil because art, if nothing else, should always be fun!

Happy drawing everyone
Jo :)

1 comment:

  1. Your art is beautiful! Thanks for visiting and following my blog, please feel free to comment anytime!

    ReplyDelete